Gift Aid Declaration
If you are a UK taxpayer, you can increase your donation to us by 25% at no extra cost to yourself.
Fair Isle Bird Observatory
Shetland ZE2 9JU
Emailing your Gift Aid Declaration
HMRC allow Gift Aid Declarations to be sent by email as long as they are in an approved form. An example is below and, please note that it must include your first name, surname, first line of your home address and postcode.
Sample Gift Aid Declaration by email
Please copy and paste this text into an email, replace the red text with your details and send to email@example.com. (If you use Outlook, this link will auto-fill the email for you too!)
I, Joe Bloggs, whose home address is:
1 Scotland Street
I would like the Fair Isle Bird Observatory Trust - registered Scottish charity SC011160 - to reclaim the tax on this and any other eligible donations or subscriptions that I may make in the future or have made in the past 4 years. I understand that I need to pay enough Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax in each tax year to cover the Gift Aid claimed on all my donations otherwise it is my responsibility to pay any difference.
I understand the charity will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I give.
- Please let us know if you change your name or home address.
- To maximise your tax giving, your Gift Aid declaration will be automatically backdated 4 years as permittedby the Gift Aid Scheme. If you have begun paying taxes more recently or would prefer not to backdate the declaration for any other reason, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
- Please let us know if you no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
- You may cancel your declaration at any time by notifying us.
- Higher-rate taxpayers may claim further tax relief on donations made under the Gift Aid Scheme.
- Corporate donations and those made from Charitable Trusts or Foundations are not eligible for Gift Aid.